Dr. Sanusi Muideen Adelani was born 2nd of March 1972. He hails from Ikirun Town in Ifelodun Local Government Area of Osun State. He was appointed Lecturer at National Open University of Nigeria on August 10, 2015.
He had his Secondary Education at Ogba Grammar School, Ogba, Lagos from 1983-1988 and Daru Dda’wat Wal Irishad Arabic College, Isolo, Lagos, from 1991-1993 and later proceeded to the University of Lagos (Unilag), Akoka, Lagos between 1994 and 1995 where he obtained a certificate in Computer and Information Technology.
He began his tertiary education in the Al-Imam University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 1999 where he studied Arabic and Islamic Studies. While there he was awarded a Diploma in Arabic Language and Islamic Studies in 1998, then B.A. Shari’a Law (Second Class Upper Hons) in 2002.
In 2008, he received his M.A. degree in Islamic Studies from Bayero University, Kano and also had his Doctorate degree (First Class Hons) in Islamic Studies from the same Institution in 2013.
Dr. Sanusi earned several scholarships and prizes during his student days and attended several training programmes. He is also a member of many learned and professional societies. He is a member of National Association of Religious Scholars (NARES); Member, National Association for the Study of Religions and Education (NASRED); Member, Nigerian Association of Teachers of Arabic and Islamic Studies (NATAIS).
Dr. Sanusi joined the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) as a staff, teacher, facilitator and researcher in the field of Islamic Studies from August 10, 2015 as Lecturer II.
- Examination Officer for Department of Religious Department.
- Faculty of Arts Representative on Academic Board of Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Member, Faculty of Arts Welfare Committee.
- Islamic Jurisprudence (Fiqh);
- Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence (Usũl);
- Islamic Thought and Civilisation;
- Islamic Spirituality;
- Islam and Contemporary Issues.
Chapters in Books:
- Sanusi A; (2009) Correct Rules and Regulations governing Childbirth and Naming Ceremony in Islam, Debisco Press, Kano.
- Sanusi A; (2011), “A Comparative Study of the Customary and Islamic Law of Inheritance in Yorubaland” Gazwat Prints, Lagos.
- Sanusi A; (2011), “Verification of the Hadiths Mentioned in the Book: Scientific Facts in the Miracles of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) written by Sheikh Mustapha Zoglool Sanusi” Gazwat Prints, Lagos.
- Sanusi M.A; (2011), “Informing the Brothers about selected Collection of Poems”, Gazwat Prints, Lagos.
- Sanusi A; (2012), “The Real Meaning of Hijrah in Islam”, al Nur Magazine, Vol. 4.
Paper Accepted for Publication:
- The contributions of Ibadan scholars to Islamic Jurisprudence in Yorubaland.
;"مساهمات علماء إبادن في خدمة الفقه الإسلامي في بلاد يوربا", Journal of Nigeria Association of Teachers of Islamic and Arabic Studies (NATAIS).
- Islamic Viewpoint on Tolaq (Divorce): its Legal Rulings and Etiquettes.
"وجهة النظر الإسلامية إلى الطلاق: أحكام وآداب", ‘Isobatul Qadiriyya Mangazine.Poverty Alleviation from Muslim Circles (Communities)
- The Mythical Conflict between Reason and Religious Texts.
;"الصراع بين العقل والنقل في بلاد يوربا",
- Poverty Alleviation from Muslim Circles (Communities),
"محاربة الفقر في أوساط المسلمين", Alfalah Magazine, Lagos. (ask Hajia about the Darul Falah Magazine)
- Corruption and Its effects on the Society: Islamic Perspectives.
"الفساد وأثره على المجتمع: الموقف الإسلامي"
- Visiting Imam, Muslim Community Central Mosque, Isolo Estate, Isolo, Lagos.
- Visiting Imam, Dolphin Estate Central Mosque, Ikoyi, Lagos.
- Spiritual Counsellor for Muslim Students in Daru Dawat Arabic School, Isolo, Lagos.
- Chief Missioner, Annadwatul Khaeriyya Society, Magboro, Lagos.
- Member, Board of Alfurqan Charitable Foundation, Kano, Nigeria.